Wednesday, September 28, 2016

A HUG IS NEARLY A GUN SPELLED BACKWARD

        Most people have, both, public relations, spreading information and having a connection with the public or other individuals, and patriotism, national pride. However, I agree with E.M Foster that public relations are more important and have a greater significance than causes/patriotism.
        Although many people will argue that having patriotism is very essential, public relations are a key role in everyone's lives. I think that the people around us, including friends and family, provide a special feeling in us that we don't get in another place. They are a very important part of our lives. Even though, having that love and pride for one's country has merit, our connection and communication with others is more important. Our friends and family make us feel cared for, protected , loved, understood, and accepted. Yes, the country does too, it makes us feel united, but if it wasn't for all of us and the relationships we have with one another, it wouldn't be the country we are now. If I were to choose between  my friends and family or the country, I would probably have to decide for the people around me. Don't get me wrong, I love my country, but I think I would have to choose the special connection I have with people. Our friends and family are always there for us: when we need a hug, love, or simply advice. William Penn said, " Friendship is the union of spirits, a marriage of hearts, and the bond thereof virtue." Friends and family, basically, complete us. Many people might have a great passion for their country and think I am very cynical for having more interest in my public relations than for a country that has given us many opportunities, but those relationships have a great significance into making us who we all are.

2 comments:

  1. Good Job with your essay Jaquie I notice the quote for William Penn to backup your answer on what you will do if you needed to make a choice. In my opinion you explain clearly and strait forward you explain the facts of patriotism and the personal relations and I notice that you gave concrete details and then examples you did a good Job!!!!👏👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Samary. I know it's a little short, but I'm glad you're able to see what my point was, which was what I was trying to communicate. (:

    ReplyDelete