Sunday, September 11, 2016

Bad Words

So what do people mean when they say some words are bad? How do they know or what makes them even bad? Like I just heard today, I don't think there are any bad words ... maybe just bad people and bad intentions, but NOT WORDS. Language is not bad at all, I think it's in the way some people use it and in the way they mean some things. We all say bad words in some point, like doesn't it feel necessary to just yell some out in some situations. For example, when you miss up something or accidently hurt yourself, in my case, like the words oh sh*t or f*ck sometimes just come out. It is nothing bad and I don't use them in a bad way or to offend someone. People should understand that words are not bad and let the rest feel free to express themselves in the way they want and with whatever words they like to use. I understand it might not sound nice, but I don't think people use them all the time. As long as the words we say aren't with a bad intention or hurt anyone, they are fine to use! I think the words we choose do increase the understanding between people and reinforce our social values. Like we talked about this in class last week, and how people always use euphemism to cover up some "bad words", but I mean why try to cover what you mean, why not just get to the point? In some serious or professional moments, I understand, it might be good to use, but just express yourself and show how you really are. The words aren't really bad, as long as you don't mean them in a bad way. In my English class, I heard something I'll never forget, "whoever controls the words you use, controls you!" So be yourself and communicate in the best way you know/can. . .  not just what others say.

No comments:

Post a Comment